Female Creators Appreciation Week ☞ Stephanie Hans (2/5)
"black widow is a supporting character" your spine is a supporting structure in your body let’s see how well you do without it
This list, by the way? Off the top of my head. I could do research and make it longer, but it’s almost an exercise now.
- Trifles—Susan Glaspell
- 'night, Mother—Marsha Norman
- Painting Churches—Tina Howe
- The Mineola Twins—Paula Vogel
- Uncommon Women—Wendy Wasserstein
- Crimes of the Heart—Beth Henley
- The Children’s Hour—Lillian Hellman
- Breath, Boom—Kia Corthron (I may have spelled that incorrectly, sorry)
- Stop Kiss—Diana Son
- R.A.W. (‘Cause I’m A Woman)—Diana Son
- Top Dog/Underdog—Suzan Lori Parks
- Raisin In The Sun—Lorraine Hansberry
- Conduct of Life—Maria Irene Fornes
- Spike Heels—Theresa Rebeck
- Eurydice—Sarah Ruhl
- The Melancholy Play—Sarah Ruhl
- Vinegar Tom—Caryl Churchill
- Dogeaters—Jessica Hagedorn
- Sisters Rosensweig—Wendy Wasserstein
- Polaroid Stories—Naomi Iizuka
- In The Heart Of America—Naomi Wallace
- One Flea Spare—Naomi Wallace
TWENTY-TWO PLAYS. I came up with TWENTY-TWO plays by women just by sitting for 5 minutes. Without Google, even! And yet, there are exactly FOUR being produced in my local theatre scene (Cleveland, if you must know) by professional houses. Four out of thirty-two total works. Fuck everything. (I didn’t go through the community theaters, because that would a. take forever, and b. probably be just as depressing. Ugh.)
Let’s add some more, for Women’s Day, huh?
23. The Woman Hater- Francis Burney
24. The Gin Baby- Sarah Shaefer
25. Seminar- Theresa Rebeck
26. The Aliens- Annie Baker
27. Magic Trick- Mariah MacCarthy
28. Killers and Other Family- Lucy Thurber
29. The Language Archive- Julia Cho
30. Paper Cranes- Kari Bentley-Quinn
31. Milk Like Sugar- Kirsten Greenidge
32. The How and the Why- Sarah Treem
33. Bachelorette- Leslye Headland
34. 4000 Miles- Amy Herzog
35. A Devil at Noon- Anne Washburn
etc, etc, etc….don’t be lazy, READ.
yeah, drugs are pretty cool, but have you tried to cool rush of cancelling plans to play video games?
romanticise healthy relationships
THANK YOU JENNI HERD
Avengers Assemble 1x17 - Savages [x]
I WAS ALL SET TO BE MAD THAT THEY WERE MAKING THOR A BIG, DESTRUCTIVE, DUMB IDIOT.
HE’S JUST AN OBNOXIOUS DICK WHO THINKS IT’S FUNNY TO CALL LIGHTNING IN THROUGH THE WINDOW TO MAKE POPCORN AND TOTALLY WRECK ALL OF TONY’S SHIT.
AND THE HULK SUGGESTING THINGS TO DO NEXT. I LOST MY FUCKING SHIT AND I’M NOT SURE I’M EVER GETTING IT BACK NOW.
WHAT A COUPLE OF ASSSHOLES. I LOVE THEM SO MUCH.